Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
(as awarded by the Australian College of Physiotherapists in 2008)
Qualifications: BAppSc(Phty), MHSc(Manip. PT), gdipSportsManualTherapy, F.A.C.P.
Appointments: Honorary Fellow and Lecturer, Department of Health Professions, Macquarie University, Founder and Fellow of the Australasian Spine Education Institute
Tamer has is one of a handful of specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapists in New South Wales – representing the highest clinical award for physiotherapists in Australasia and globally. He has over 14 years clinical experience with high level state-based clinical and sporting involvement. He is past president of the Australian Physiotherapy Association NSW Branch, and maintains a number of other professional roles including being an examiner for the Australian College of Physiotherapists, and board advisor post-graduate physiotherapy programs. Tamer is an honorary fellow at Macquarie University’s Doctor of Physiotherapy program and is currently undertaking a doctorate exploring physiotherapy professional practice issues. He has authored and presented a number of novel research studies related to biomechanics, patient outcomes, and other non-surgical identifiers for spinal pain. Tamer dedicates a moderate portion of time annually to global physiotherapy education through the Australasian Spine Education Institute. He is actively involved in collaborative interdisciplinary engagement with a variety of clinical, academic and industry professionals interested in the advancement of spinal management.
- Management of acute and chronic neck and back pain
- Nerve-related arm and leg pain
- Whiplash and neck-related headache and dizziness
- Specific spinal conditions (disc herniation, canal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, spondylolysis (pars defects), radicular pain)
- Differentiation and management of hip, sacroiliac joint, low back pain AND neck, shoulder, arm pain.
- Pre and Post-operative Spinal Surgery Management (fusion, disc replacement, decompression, and motion preservation technologies)
- Complex cases that have failed traditional intervention
Other Interests: Shoulder, hip, and knee pain. Spinal pain in sports.
Research Interests: Spinal biomechanics, novel movement-based spinal interventions, spinal canal stenosis, integrating health outcome measurement in practice, and practice innovation.
Other Languages: Arabic
Research, Teaching, and Professional Experience: Click here for more information
Spine Physiotherapist & Exercise Physiologist
Qualifications: M.Phty, BExSpSc
- Exercise and rehabilitation of spine and musculoskeletal conditions
- Acute and chronic spinal pain
- Pre and post-surgical management following decompression, fusion, and motion preserving spine surgery (anterior, posterior, and lateral).
Other Interests: Orthopaedics and Sports Injuries in gerneral and sporting population. Return to work and sports conditioning rehabilitation design and intervention
Administration and Reception Coordinator
Qualifications: Cert III and IV Fitness
Diana has over 4 years of healthcare administration experience and over 10 years of senior supervisory retail experience with one of Australia's largest retail groups. She is an invaluable part of the Sydney Spine Physio team ensuring smooth and efficient operations and allowing the clinicians to focus on what they do best - helping sufferers of musculoskeletal pain. Diana is the friendly voice and person that takes appointments and greets our visitors with a big and warm smile while attending Sydney Spine Physio. Diana prides herself on providing a person-centred service that is grounded in honesty, integrity, and empathy.Expertise: Appointments, accounts payable/receivables, process and front-line administration.